A Happy Home Journal
A Guide for Slow Living, Serving our Families, and Savoring the Lord in it All
ALL submissions are expected to reflect the qualities of:
|Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.|
Thank you for your interest in this new publication that will endeavor to encourage women in the Lord to live intentionally, creatively, courageously, and quietly. A Happy Home Journal will be published both in print and as a download in the Lord’s timing.
Unsolicited articles are welcome for consideration, attached in an e-mail, as a Word document or Mac Pages. Submit articles to email@example.com with Article Submission in the e-mail subject line. Articles are not returned, and no notification is given if a submission will not be used.
There are currently six categories for articles to fall under:
* Study to be Quiet (how do you find and spend your solitude time? time for tea, Bible study, birding, walking….)
* Work with your Hands (how do you? handwork? writing? etc. how do you find time to pursue those things, etc)
* Build Ye Houses (keeping the main thing the main thing; relationships–with the Lord, with your spouse, children, friends, etc…priorities, living a congruent life, etc)
* Dwell in Them (homemaking and the atmosphere of a happy home, resourcefulness, hospitality, health…)
* Plant Gardens (God’s creation, sowing seeds of kindness, etc…herbs, etc)
* Eat the Fruit of them (wholesome foods and the challenges we face, slowing down to cook from scratch, growing/raising your own, etc)
Articles written for these categories are 350-750 words.
You may also submit short pieces between 150-350 words that are simple lists (of techniques, ideas, etc), short stories between 750-1500 words, or poetry.
Most of our writers and readers are sisters in Christ, so we seek to be an encouraging word and balm to one another, boldly pointing to Jesus Christ as our sufficiency in all things.
- In the top left corner of the first page, please type your name, address, e-mail address, and word count.
- Use one hard return between paragraphs, and do not indent your paragraphs.
- You may use italics for emphasis when necessary.
- Include a maximum 50 word bio. You may include a blogsite or a company address, or e-mail or snail mail address if you wish our readers to connect with you directly.
- The Elements of Style by Strunk and White is generally followed for issues with grammar and punctuation.
- Use italics for titles of books, magazines, and other publications. Use quotation marks for titles of articles or essays.
- Capitalize words used to refer to God.
- Quote Scripture accurately, and spell out the book name. Please use the King James Version.
- If you recommend books or materials in your article, please list it at the bottom of the entire article. Include, in this order: book, author, publisher, and date.
- Please verify all websites to make sure that they are still active and appropriate, and please specify the date on which you retrieved the information.
Unsolicited photographs are welcome for consideration, attached in an e-mail, as a jpeg in 300 dpi resolution. Submit photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org with Photo Submission in the e-mail subject line. Photos are not returned, and no notification is given if a submission will not be used.
- Photographs may be sized or edited as needed for publication.
- Photographs must be the original work of the person submitting it.
Questions? Feel free to contact me!